PERSONAL DATA COLLECTION STATEMENT (“PICS”)
This Personal Data Collection Statement (“PICS”) applies to any personal data provided or collected by MegaBox Development Co. Ltd (referred to in this PICS as “MegaBox”, “we” or “us”) for or in relation to the purposes set out in this PICS.
We are committed to protecting the privacy and security of any personal information that we collect from you or that you provide to us. We are equally committed to ensuring that all our employees and any third party service providers who may be engaged by us also respects your privacy. Under the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance (the "Ordinance"), we have certain legal obligations regarding the collection and use of personal data.
By providing us with your personal information, you are agreeing with and accepting the terms of our PICS. If you do not agree with or accept the terms of our PICS, please do not submit your personal information to us.
What Kind Of Information Is Collected?
We receive and collect two basic types of information from you, namely, “Personal Data” and “Non-Personal Data”.
“Personal Data” is any information that relates to you and can individually identify you. The personal data we collect from you may include your name, email address, date of birth, telephone number and home address.
You may choose not to provide your personal information to us. However, in general, the personal information which we request from you is necessary for the relevant purposes listed in the next section. As such, it is mandatory for you to provide your personal data for such purposes. Otherwise, we cannot properly provide our services to you for the relevant purposes.
“Non-Personal Data” includes information/ data about your use of our website such as your access time, page(s) visited, IP address, browser type, operating system and demographics etc. Such Non-personal Data do not individually identify you and any particular visitor of our website. We only and collect and use these Non-Personal Data for customizing, enhancing, maintaining, improving and optimizing the quality of our website and to compile statistics about our customers and to analyse site usage. The PICS in no way restricts or limits our collection and use of such Non-Personal Data.
What Are Our Purposes For Collecting and Using Your Personal data?
- Mutual communications between you and MegaBox.
- Provide you with information of MegaBox’s offers, events and promotions, its tenants’/lessees’/licensees’ information and their offers, promotions and new services and products, and other information of special offers, activities, events, promotion and marketing activities, exhibitions and sales booths organized at MegaBox from time to time by third party products and/or services providers including without limitation providers of consumer products and services, electronics and digital products, home furnishing and accessories, fashion and accessories, sports and equipment, lifestyle products, educational products and services, personal care, beauty and healthcare products and services, well-being and fitness clubs, banking and financial services, food and beverages, restaurant and catering, telecommunications services, automobile products and services, film, music and entertainment products and services, and advertising services.
- Provide you with information on special discounts, privileges, gift redemption by subscribers, subscribers’ offers and updates from MegaBox.
- Provide you with information of community interest, and other information on community and recreational events and activities occurring in the neighborhood of MegaBox that may be of interest to you.
- Provide you with information on charity events to be hosted by charitable organizations at MegaBox.
- Provide you with promotional materials/ information relating to leasing and/or sale of Hong Kong or worldwide properties by those companies under Kerry Properties Group.
- Use for our internal management or administrative purposes to maintain, evaluate and improve products and services from our company, including but not limited to sending surveys and questionnaires to you for such purpose.
We will not provide, transfer or disclose your Personal Data collected to any third parties, except under any of the following situations:
- To our third party service providers or suppliers engaged to provide information technology support to us or conduct maintenance of our servers and data management system.
- To our third party service providers or suppliers engaged to conduct any of the above mentioned direct marketing activities on behalf of MegaBox.
- To comply with any applicable laws or regulations, court order or lawful request from government authority.
- To purchaser(s)/assignee(s) as part of a re-organisation, merger, transfer or sale of our business.
Cookies are small computer text files that are sent from a website to the browser of your device (e.g. computer, smart-phone, tablet, as the case may be) and are stored on your computer/device to improve your browsing experience on those websites and to provide the website operator with non-personal data/analytical information to help improve your website browsing experience and the quality of the relevant website(s).
Most browsers are initially set up to accept cookies. You may choose not to accept cookies from the website(s) by changing your cookies setting. However, if you choose to disable cookies on your computer/device, you may find that some features and functions of the website(s) may not work properly.
Links To Other Websites
When you are browsing on our website and when you click on the hyperlinks to the other companies or organisations etc. listed in the information provided in our website and be directed to those websites that are not controlled or managed by us, this PICS does not apply to those websites that may independently collect or solicit both personal and non-personal data from you. If you visit those websites, you should consult their privacy policies before providing your personal data on those other websites. We shall not be liable in relation your activities on those other websites.
Your Rights To Request Access To and Correction Of Personal Data
You have the right to request and access to and/or correction of your personal data held by us. If you wish to request access to and/or correction of your personal data or to request MegaBox to cease to use your personal data for direct marketing purposes or if you have any enquiries regarding this PICS, please contact our Personal Data Privacy Officer by email or by post or fax to the addresses set out below. Please mark “Confidential: Personal Data Access/Correction/Enquiries” on your correspondence:-
Post: Unit 15, L11
Enterprise Square 5
38 Wang Chiu Road, Kowloon Bay
Fax: (852) 2967 1687
Revision And Interpretation of PICS
We reserve the right to change the terms of our PICS at any time. Your continued provision of your personal information to us following the posting of the changes to the terms of our PICS means you agree with and accept our changes and the latest version of our PICS.
If there is any inconsistency or ambiguity between the English version and the Chinese version of the PICS, the English Version shall prevail.
Updated on 04/07/2014